The faith community now named St. Paul Lutheran Church began worshipping around 1850. They formally approved a constitution on October 30, 1858. The cornerstone for the original building (now the current sanctuary) was dedicated in 1888.
Through the years it has grown from a small country church to the regional church it is today, gathering families from Sharon, Wadsworth, Copley, Medina, Norton, and surrounding communities. Additions were added in 1954 and 1996 to provide room for fellowship and shared meals, a library, nursery, choir room, meeting rooms, and a food pantry called the Sharing Center. It may still look like a quaint country church from the circle, but St. Paul has four floors which are all ultilized for its many ministries.
St. Paul has recently completed a renovation of the fellowship hall and kitchen. We now have a beautiful space for fellowship and to increase our outreach efforts.
St. Paul joins in ministry with other churches in Northeast, Ohio, and around the US. Click to learn more about the ELCA- Northeastern Ohio Synod. Synod means “a way together”. Click to learn more about the ELCA at a national level.