Operation HOMES (Hospitality of Medina Emergency Shelters) is designed to meet the needs of homeless persons needing temporary shelter in Medina County through the provision of emergency housing in a safe, secure environment. St. Paul has been a continuous member since the beginning of Operation: HOMES in 1995. Click here to see how you can serve with Operation: HOMES.
Who We Are
Churches and county organizations work together to provide shelter for homeless people. County organizations involved include:
- Community Action of Medina County
- Medina Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Job and Family Services of Medina County
- Medina Community Service Center
The 12 member churches represent many denominations and are spread throughout Medina County. The current members are:
- St. Paul Lutheran Church – Sharon Center
- Crosspointe Community Church – Medina
- Emmanuel United Church of Christ – Valley City
- Grace Lutheran Church – Wadsworth
- Medina Community Church – Medina
- Northside Christian Church – Wadsworth
- Our Savior Lutheran Church – Hinckley
- Polaris Christian Church – Brunswick
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church – Medina
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church – Medina
- Wadsworth United Methodist Church – Wadsworth
When does Operation Homes Come To St. Paul
St. Paul hosts Operation Homes families and individuals every 11 weeks.
Services Provided By Operation Homes
- A place to sleep at one of the host churches.
- Dinner and breakfast meals.
- Transportation to and from the host church if needed.
- A day center to aid guests of the program to connect with agencies who can help them.
Contact the St. Paul Host Site Coordinator Peter Cressman at 330-239-4343 if you have questions or would like to learn more about being an Operation: HOMES volunteer.